Free printable Ghost Pumpkin Carving templates patterns stencils 2023: Even though we are facing bad weather or are grappled by the fouler virus, nothing can diminish our excitement or change our mind from the broader activities of Halloween, which will be celebrated this year on Saturday, 31st October. It is a nostalgic moment for all of us right from kids to young ones to carry out pumpkin carving activities at home. It’s time to plan your Halloween decoration. One classic decoration that you can’t go wrong with is a carved pumpkin. But why not take your pumpkin carving to the next level with a ghost design? Here, we’ll guide you about how to create a scary ghost pumpkin that will impress your friends, family and neighbors.
This time even though we may have to cancel the costume parties or a trick-or-treat activity due to pandemic; we still can enjoy the pumpkin carving and also Halloween costume, Halloween puns activity in full swing. Even if broader Halloween activities might get canceled, you still can celebrate the event in private by carving pumpkins and also by using your favorite pumpkin carving stencils.
Also See: Easy bat Pumpkin carving templates
Ghost Pumpkin Carving:
This time Halloween will be a lonely affair to celebrate, where many of them might go for no-carving pumpkin ideas, but still, there are options available for those seeking the classic Jack-o-lantern look, then nothing beats an idea of a good pumpkin carving session. Carving an amazing Halloween pumpkin doesn’t require a skill where the creepiest ghost pumpkin designs are pretty easy to make.
Materials You’ll Need
Before you start your ghost pumpkin carving, let’s make sure you have all the required materials:
- A pumpkin
- Carving knife or pumpkin carving kit
- A marker or pen
- A scoop or spoon
- Ghost Pumpkin Stencil
- A tea light or LED light
Step 1: Choose the Perfect Pumpkin
The first step in creating a ghost pumpkin is choosing the right pumpkin. Look for one that’s large and has a smooth surface, without any major bumps or scratches. The shape of the pumpkin should also be suitable for your design.
Step 2: Draw Your Design
Using a marker or pen, draw your ghost design onto the pumpkin. You can start by drawing the outline of the ghost’s head and body part, then add other details like eyes, a mouth, and arms, or you can use a ghost pumpkin stencil.
Step 3: Cut Out the Top
Using a carving knife or pumpkin carving kit, carefully cut out the top of the pumpkin. Be sure to angle the knife inward so that the top doesn’t fall into the pumpkin when you replace it later.
Step 4: Scoop Out the Inside
Use a scoop or spoon to remove the seeds and pulp from inside the pumpkin. This will make it easier to carve your design and will also help your pumpkin last longer.
Step 5: Transfer Your Design
Transfer your ghost design onto the pumpkin by poking small holes along the lines of your drawing. This will create a pattern that you can easily follow when carving.
Step 6: Carve Your Ghost
Using your carving knife or pumpkin carving kit, carefully carve out your ghost design. Start by carving the outline and then work on the details. Be sure to take your time and carve slowly and carefully.
Step 7: Add Lighting
Once you’ve finished carving your ghost pumpkin, place a tea light or LED light inside the pumpkin. This will illuminate your design and create a spooky effect.
Step 8: Display Your Creation
Finally, find a suitable location to display your ghost pumpkin. Consider placing it on your front porch or in a window to show off your creation to passersby.
Ghost Pumpkin Carving Design Ideas
- Traditional Ghost Face: Start with the classic ghost face design. This spooky yet simple design requires only basic carving skills. Using a marker or pen, draw a ghost face onto the pumpkin, including eyes and an open mouth. Carve out the design, scrape the pumpkin’s insides, and light a candle inside.
- Haunted House: For a more intricate design, create a haunted house scene. Carve a spooky tree and a full moon on the top of the pumpkin. On the sides, carve out windows and doors of a haunted house. When the candle is lit inside, the design will create an eerie shadow effect.
- Ghosts in a Graveyard : For a ghostly graveyard design, carve out tombstones on the sides of the pumpkin. Use a marker or pen to draw ghostly figures floating around the graveyard. When the candle is lit inside, the ghosts will appear to be hovering over the graves.
- Ghostly Cat : For a spooky yet playful design, carve a ghostly cat. Draw a cat face on the pumpkin, including ears and whiskers. To make this design, scrape the pumpkin’s insides, and add a tail made from pumpkin scraps. Light a candle inside for a playful yet eerie effect.
- Scary Tree : For a design that is both spooky and beautiful, carve a scary tree. Use a marker or pen to draw a tree with gnarled branches and deep roots. To Carve this design, remove the pumpkin’s insides, and light a candle inside. The tree’s shadow will create a haunting effect.
- Ghostly Lanterns : For a unique design, create ghostly lanterns. Draw the outline of a lantern onto the pumpkin, including a handle. For Carving this design, scrape the pumpkin from inside, and add a ghost face inside the lantern. Light a candle inside for a spooky glow.
- Spooky Ghosts: For a classic ghost design with a twist, create spooky ghosts. Draw ghost figures onto the pumpkin, including eyes and an open mouth. Carve out the design, scrape the pumpkin’s insides, and add extra details such as a top hat or bow tie for a fun touch.
- Jack Skellington: For a design inspired by the movie “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” carve Jack Skellington onto the pumpkin. Draw Jack’s face onto the pumpkin, including his signature grin and black eyes. To make this design, scrape the pumpkin’s insides, and add a candle inside for a spooky glow.
- Ghostly Hand: For a unique design, create a ghostly hand reaching out from the pumpkin. Use a marker or pen to draw the outline of a hand on the pumpkin, including fingers and nails. Carve out the design, scrape the pumpkin’s insides, and add a candle inside for a haunting effect.
- Ghostly Skull: For a design that is both spooky and intricate, carve a ghostly skull onto the pumpkin. Draw a skull outline onto the pumpkin, including eye sockets and a nose. Remove the pumpkin’s insides, and add a candle inside for a haunting effect.
- Ghostly Bat: For a design that is both spooky and playful, carve a ghostly bat. Draw a bat outline onto the pumpkin, including wings and ears. Scrape the pumpkin’s insides, and add a candle inside for a spooky glow.
- Ghostly Witch: For a design inspired by classic Halloween costumes, create a ghostly witch. Draw a witch outline onto the pumpkin, including a hat and broomstick. Carve out the design, scrape the pumpkin’s insides, and add a candle inside for a spooky effect.
Ghost Pumpkin Carving Stencils:
It is often a tedious task to find the perfect or just right pumpkin carving stencils for the whole family to agree upon, so here we have come up with fantastic free Ghost Pumpkin Carving ideas and free Ghost Pumpkin Carving Stencil that will let you turn any ordinary pumpkin into a scary, creepy carved work of art.
You will find it pretty simple and easy to carve out a Ghost pumpkin by following the DIY on How to carve a pumpkin with these simple pumpkin carving stencils. So enjoy the Halloween moment by carving this simple yet amazing ghost pumpkin from the list below.
Creating a ghost pumpkin is a fun idea to add some spooky Halloween decor to your home. By using few simple materials and a little creativity, you can make an impressive decoration that attract trick-or-treaters of all ages.